Phillips 66 Company

Having a Baby/Adopting a Child

Having a baby or adopting a child is a time of great joy — and also a time to make some important decisions about your growing family’s care and protection.

To Change Benefits Coverage

To make changes to your benefits coverage:

Phone: (800) 965-4421;
(646) 254-3467 (for international callers),
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday

Website: Your Benefits Resources (YBR)

Parental Benefit Resources

Center for Parental Leave Leadership (CPLL)

Manager Materials:

Employee Materials:

You will need to be logged into the Phillips 66 network to access these documents.

What to Consider

To help you think about how your life change will affect you, review the following list.

Ask Yourself Take Action
Will you want to add your child to your Phillips 66 benefits coverage? The changes available to you, and the deadline for making changes, depend on your situation.
Whose health care coverage best meets your needs? If your spouse has employer-provided coverage, compare plans to see which coverage best suits your family’s needs.
Are you planning to adopt? If so, be sure to check out our Adoption Assistance benefits to help defray expenses.
Do you need time-off to bond with your child?
Will your health care and/or daycare expenses increase? Consider if you’ll need to contribute or increase contributions to the Health Care and Dependent Care FSAs.
Do you need to increase the amount of your life and/or AD&D insurance coverage? If you already have Dependent Life Insurance, your spouse is automatically covered. You might also consider electing Spouse AD&D insurance.
Will you be adjusting your retirement savings goals? With a growing family, you may want to re-evaluate your saving and investing strategy.
Will you need to update your beneficiary designation? With a new family member, it’s a good idea to ensure your beneficiary designations are current.
How are you managing the transition? Keep in mind that Resources for Living has information and tools to assist you during this time, including resources for locating child care.
Will you need to update your W-4?
  • Change your marital status or number of exemptions for income tax purposes by updating your W-4 through HR Express.