Phillips 66 Company

Empty Nest

Having your child leave for college or move into his or her own residence is one of the biggest life changes you’ll experience as a parent. This life transition may also have an impact on your Phillips 66 coverage.

To Change Benefits Coverage

To make changes to your benefits coverage:

Phone: (800) 965-4421;
(646) 254-3467 (for international callers),
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday

Website: UPoint

What to Consider

To help you think about how your life change will affect you, review the following list.

Ask Yourself Take Action
Is your child still eligible for Phillips 66 benefits coverage? If so, you’ll need to remove him or her from coverage.
How are you managing the transition? Keep in mind that Resources for Living has information and tools to assist you during this time.
Will your health care expenses decrease? Consider if you’ll need to decrease contributions to the Health Care FSA.
Will you be adjusting your retirement savings goals? Whether your child is beginning college or is now employed and able to be more self-sufficient, you may want to re-evaluate your saving and investing strategy.
Will you need to update your beneficiary designation?
Will you need to update your W-4?
  • Change your number of exemptions for income tax purposes by updating your W-4 through My HR Tools.
Do your financial goals need adjusting due to recent changes?
Am I feeling anxious about this life change?
  • Daylight is a digital medicine app for managing anxiety available to active employees and dependents age 18+ enrolled in the HDHP or PPO medical plan.